A thriving business and chronic illness don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
Hi! I’m Raquel, and I’m excited you’re here.
Here’s what I know about you…
🔅You’re a creative, open-minded, open-hearted human who’s thought, ‘I’d love to start my own business’.
🔅You’re an ambitious high achiever (who probably doesn’t walk around calling themselves ‘an ambitious high achiever’)
🔅Oh. And you have a chronic illness (yeah, sometimes you try to forget about that bit.)
The last part? It’s gotten in the way of those other things—and you’re really sick and tired of struggling to make all the pieces fit.
I know you hate being limited by your health. I know how frustrating it is to headbutt against those health limitations…because when you do, they come back at you with a roundhouse kick to the face. Every. damn. time.
I know this, because I’ve lived it too.
You’ve decided that what you want most is to have your own business—so you can take back control of your finances + health, and do what lights you up.
But it’s super alienating every time you hear you just have to ‘hustle’ to reach those business dreams of yours—because you don’t have the luxury of compromising your sleep for weeks on end to get from ‘a’ to ‘b’.
You’ve learned the hard way that you *might* just have to start putting your health first.
So now you’re left wondering… can I have a thriving, lovable business that feels true to me AND gets along with my chronic illness? Or am I doomed to come up against the same crap each and every time?
I’m here to let you know that your business dreams and desires are absolutely achievable. And you’ll succeed at them because of your chronic illness—not in spite of it.
“There’s so much to be said about working with someone who’s 100% in your corner, asking you questions you’d never considered, and sharing insight into where you’re at. Now I waste way less time and energy getting stuck on the same stuff that has always held me back. Raquel, thank you, you awesome human!”
– Miish Grixti, www.miishgrixti.com
I help chronically ill creatives (like you) unearth their own path to success so they can create the business and life of their dreams.
As a business and life coach, I work with you 1:1 to help you gain insight and take action on building and growing a sustainable business that works with your chronic illness—not against it.
I help you make the internal and external changes to see that the skills you’ve been forced to develop from your chronic illness actually equip you with exactly what it takes to rock this online-business thing.
After working with me, my clients can clearly see how their business dreams are totally doable (even when it looks different than the ‘8-5 hustle and grind’ bullshit that seems to get played on repeat). They’re armed with the insight, direction and tools to continue to take action. They know how they can sustainably grow the kind of business that gives them the freedom, impact and income that they desire.
Now that you know a bit about what I do, here’s some more of the personal details:
- I’ve lived most of my life with a chronic illness.
- I used to be the kind of person who takes on instructing eight college classes a semester (+ a million extracurriculars). SURPRISE: this turned me into the textbook definition of ‘clinically burned out’. I realized I needed to (somehow) integrate my chronic illness into my identity…and once I had? I was able to start a successful online business that gives me the flexibility to put my health first, and the freedom to pursue my creative endeavors. I’ve made the transition and I can help you do the same.
- I don’t push myself to go to a million extracurriculars these days, but I sure as hell still make it to dance class (tap dancer at heart 🙋). When I used to compete, I placed top 3 in my solo category at nationals #shuffleballchange💃
- I love to cook, and I try new recipes whenever I can—I even once had my own food blog (for all of five minutes 🤷)
- My ideal day off (apart from cooking)? Time with my partner, Melissa *cue love hearts*, spending time with our friends and nine fur babies, hanging out with no schedule to stick to. Plus, making time to read at least one of the six self-development books I’ve got on the go at any given time. Accompanying wine optional (but preferred). #roséallgay
- Performance and musical theatre is my jam. Fun fact: I once wrote, directed and starred in my own original work. Yeah—it was an intense summer for a 12 year old (cheers to my grandparents who played the supporting roles!). Evita, Lion King, and The Sound of Music are a few of my mainstream favorites.
- I have an undergrad and masters degree in organizational communication and have spent years teaching public speaking and interpersonal communication at the college level. It’s all given me plenty of practice to hone my natural ability to tune into others—you’d better believe I have expert instincts to get to the core of your issues and challenges with ultra-effectiveness.
- I have a very healthy obsession with Kate Spade (who doesn’t love cute cactus earrings?).
What do I know for sure?
I know that building a business you love that integrates with your chronic illness(es) is entirely possible. I’ve gone from trying to live a healthy person’s life (and dealing with the seriously shitty consequences that come from ignoring my limitations) to learning how to work within my boundaries to get the results I truly want.
I also know that there’s a better way to find success: where you get to live unapologetically and do business in a way that works for you. This societal expectation that we have to work a certain way to achieve success and feel good just. isn’t. true.
This is where I come in as your coach.
My coaching blends
- wisdom gathered on my own path of managing chronic illness limitations
- my natural ability to tune into what’s really going on for you and
- my years of communication and teaching expertise.
I would be super pumped to partner with you on getting from where you are to where you want to be.
Now, it’s time for me to get to know you.